Monday, June 11, 2007
























































This year I made gift card tags for my daughter's teachers, paraprofessionals and bus driver. I started by making the scallop/regular jumbo tags out of two-sided paper, using my Sizzix machine. I then cut a second tag with my Sizzix, but I cut the tops off these. I stamped the girl (Me and My Big Ideas by Inkadinkado) with black dye ink on the short piece. I then colored her with colored pencils and blended with Turpenoid. I stamped the thank you (Savvy stamps) and hand wrote the rest. On the back of the large tag I stamped the tired lady (Art Impressions) with black dye ink. I also colored her in colored pencils and blended with Turpenoid. I added a personal message next to the stamped image. I then used double side sticky tape to adhere the cutoff piece on top of the full tag to create a pocket. Be sure to leave the top section untaped! Lastly, I added ribbon to the hole in the tag. A gift card fits perfectly in thse pocket tags. I have also included some of the other tags I made. I made each tag slightly different by using different two-sided papers, stamps, colored pencils and ribbons. The school symbols stamps were from Close to My Heart. The larger "Thanks" is from Wordsworth stamps.

No comments: