Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tom!




Here is the card I just made for my husband's birthday which is this Thursday, Oct. 18. He has two hot rods so it was only fitting that I make him a card with a car on it. I struggled a little bit with what to do with the car until I decided to use the road die I have for my Sizzix machine. I stamped the car(Sticky Scrap) onto white cardstock and painted it with Twinkling H20's. Next, I cut it out. I then die cut the road with my Sizzix machine and used a white pencil to color the white lines on the road. I mounted the road onto the middle of my yellow card. Next I used Stampin' Up dimensionals to attach the car to the road. I love those for popping images up. I then stamped "Another year"(The Angel Company) and "older"(Stampendous Clear tiny alphabet) and cut out around the words. I then matted them on gray cardstock and trimmed. I attached them with double-sided tape. I then used my Stampin' Around wheel by Stampin' Up to roll the tire marks onto white cardstock with black ink. I trimmed them down and added a brad. I attached them to the card with double-sided tape. I then made up the saying for the inside and typed it in Word and printed. I matted it on black and attached with double-sided tape. And there you have it - another b-day card by moi!

No comments: