Monday, August 31, 2009

Moxie Fab World blog challenge: Classy and Elegant




Happy Monday to you all,
I must say that I am a little depressed today. This my last day of summer break! I go back to work tomorrow for 3 in-service days before the students come back next Tuesday. Where did the summer go? *sniff*
Ok, now I better get on to my card. I made this card for the Moxie Fab World blog contest calling for Classy & Elegant. I couldn't decide which picture I liked better so I just downloaded both of them. Why is it that you can start with one idea bouncing around in your head, but by the time you finish the card it is nothing like what you first envisioned. Oh well, c'est la vie! I started this card with an A2 white card and cut a piece of beautiful swirly embossed designer paper to fit the entire front. Next, I wrapped a piece of silver satin ribbon around the DP and attached on back. I tied a big bow on the front, too. Then I took a piece of blue metal (Spellbinders) and embossed it with my new Impressabilities Snowflake. I ran it through the first time in a regular embossing sandwich(white plate, Impress., metal, tan embossing mat, and another white spacer plate). I then ran it through again without the Impressabilities die and flattened out some. I then sanded the whole piece to bring out the silver underneath. I proceeded to punch 3 squares from the metal and 3 larger squares from silver cardstock(Creative Memories punch). I attached the 3 metal pieces to the 3 larger square silver pieces. I then stamped the greeting(TAC) with clear embossing ink on white cardstock die cut with a Nestie and embossed it with silver EP. I also matted this piece with a silver piece of cardstock. I mounted the greeting onto the ribbon with adhesive. I then placed the 3 metal squares where I wanted them and attached them with strips of pop dots. And that is about it. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet
Supplies:
stamp: TAC(The Angel Company)
embossing dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinders; Impressabilities by Spellbinders;
die cut machine: Wizard by Spellbinders
metal: Spellbinders

2 comments:

kim.mom said...

Gorgeous card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Janet! Thanks for entering the Classy & Elegant Challenge!