Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caardvark's Sketchfest Thursday


Hey all,
Crazy day here. No time to breathe. Typing in short sentences. Gulp. Tryin' to catch my breath. ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ok, better now. It's day 5 in the sketchfest at Caardvark's(http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/2009/09/sketchfest-thursday.html). I am not totally happy with my card today, but that is probably because by Thursday I am brain-dead from work. UGH! The large circle is more orange in person and this scan makes it look red. I promise it looks better in person. I would do another card, but I just don't have time. Plus I am trying to listen to Grey's Anatomy at the same time. LOL I followed the sketch pretty much as is. I made a 5x5" square card from offwhite cardstock. I then embossed the orange cardstock with the Cuddlebug Leafy Branch folder. I cut the circle out with my circle cutting system from Creative Memories. I also cut a rectangle from patterned paper and rounded the corners. I attached the rectangle directly to the card. Then attached the circle and trimmed off the excess. I inked all the edges with brown ink. I then stamped the acorns with brown ink on white cardstock. I colored them with Copic markers and cut them out. I attached them to the edge of the circle as shown. I then attached the sticker of the squirrel. That's it. I will send this one to my nephew for his birthday coming up. Hopefully, he will get a kick out of it. I will probably say something about it being his birthday afterall (so he should go nuts! Get it? Ha!). Anyway, gotta go pack lunches for tomorrow and get some shut-eye. Nite-
Janet
Supplies:
Patterned paper: Colorbok Friendly Forest collection
Sticker: Colorbok Friendly Forest collection
Rubber stamp: Sugarloaf Products
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Other: Cuddlebug Leafy branch folder; Big Shot by Sizzix; Circle cutting system by Creative Memories;

3 comments:

Alicia said...

That little squirrel is just too cute, love the greeting!

lauren bergold said...

omg! that squirrel is just TOO FUNNY...and the sentiment is *perfect*! (love the acorns, as well!) :)

dstandard said...

Awesome - too too cute!