Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Caardvark's Sketchfest Tuesday


Good afternoon all,
Wow, I am definitely on a roll with posting. Today is another sketch for the Caardvark's Sketchfest( http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/2009/09/sketchfest-tuesday.html) where they post a new sketch everyday and you have to get a card done that day to enter. I decided to do another Christmas card since I want to be ahead of the game this year. I pretty much followed the sketch exactly. The scan I made kind of warped the circle part, but what can you do. Lately, I have resorted back to scanning since my photos have been too dark and take too much time to download on our old computer. I just jazzed it up a bit by putting some matching cardstock in the background so it is not so boring. The main focal image is a cut-out from Cardmaker's Christmas Creative pack from Hot off the Press. I used postage patterned scissors to trim around it and then matted it on gold paper then black. All the other pieces are just matted with black. I used my Nesties for the circles. After adhering all the pieces I spritzed the whole card with Gold Glimmer Mist. I added three gold brads at the bottom for a little more interest. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Hot Off the Press;
Cardstock: Black by American Crafts; Gold unknown;
Tools: Nestabilities Circles; Wizared die cut machine by Spellbinders; Pattern scissors by Provo
Craft;
Ink: Gold Glimmer Mist;
Other: Gold brads;

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

A big woot woot to you for getting those holiday cards done early ... a perfect idea for these great sketches ... love those cute little holiday images.

dstandard said...

Pretty!! Great Christmas card!

June Houck said...

Beautifully done!

Nathalia Castellon said...

What an excellent and traditional Christmas card!