Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Caardvark's Sketchfest Tuesday


Good afternoon all,
Wow, I am definitely on a roll with posting. Today is another sketch for the Caardvark's Sketchfest( http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/2009/09/sketchfest-tuesday.html) where they post a new sketch everyday and you have to get a card done that day to enter. I decided to do another Christmas card since I want to be ahead of the game this year. I pretty much followed the sketch exactly. The scan I made kind of warped the circle part, but what can you do. Lately, I have resorted back to scanning since my photos have been too dark and take too much time to download on our old computer. I just jazzed it up a bit by putting some matching cardstock in the background so it is not so boring. The main focal image is a cut-out from Cardmaker's Christmas Creative pack from Hot off the Press. I used postage patterned scissors to trim around it and then matted it on gold paper then black. All the other pieces are just matted with black. I used my Nesties for the circles. After adhering all the pieces I spritzed the whole card with Gold Glimmer Mist. I added three gold brads at the bottom for a little more interest. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Hot Off the Press;
Cardstock: Black by American Crafts; Gold unknown;
Tools: Nestabilities Circles; Wizared die cut machine by Spellbinders; Pattern scissors by Provo
Craft;
Ink: Gold Glimmer Mist;
Other: Gold brads;

3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

A big woot woot to you for getting those holiday cards done early ... a perfect idea for these great sketches ... love those cute little holiday images.

dstandard said...

Pretty!! Great Christmas card!

Nathalia Castellon said...

What an excellent and traditional Christmas card!