Saturday, September 26, 2009

Final Day for Caardvark's Sketchfest


Hi all,
Today is the final day for the Caardvark's Sketchfest. I really enjoyed the sketch for today. My brother-in-law is turning 50 in a few weeks so I decided to make his birthday card using this sketch. I used The Prima Marketing "Youth Collection" 6x6 paper pad. I matted it all with black cardstock fr0m American Crafts. I die cut the large circle using my Nestabilities circles in my Wizard by Spellbinders. The smaller circles were punched using my Creative Memories circle punch. All edges were antiqued with either black ink or rust ink. The greeting and the number 50 were from the set called "Twenty Something" from Stampendous. I hope you enjoyed my posts for the stampfest. I gotta go now to spend some time with my hubby. Have a great rest of the weekend.
Janet

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the combination of papers ... great sketch design.

dstandard said...

Cute card - great birthday card!

lauren bergold said...

what a completely cool 50th birthday card! i love the combination of papers you've chosen and those thin black mats emphasize each layer so perfectly!

suzARTe said...

great unisex card, I love the colour combo

Unknown said...

Great card! Perfect for a masculine birthday!

Unknown said...

Great combo of colors, very nice card for a man!