Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mojo Monday 103 Contest


Hi all,
I am pleased to say that I survived my first week back in the classroom with the students! That is always a good feeling. Now on to my card for the Mojo Monday 103 Contest. Here is the link: http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2009/09/mojo-monday-103-contest.html
I already knew what stamp set I wanted to use for this card. My daughter just started her freshman year at Michigan and I wanted to make her a card to mail to her. She LOVES to read and so I had to make her a card related to that. The new set from MFT called "I (heart) Books" was perfect. I actually decided to turn the sketch so that my image fit better in the center space. I made a topfold black A2 card. I found paper that went along with theme(peace, love & literature) and attached it for the large background(Prima Marketing (You)th Collection). I then used a strip of hearts DP(Sassafras Sunshine Lollipops) to cover the seam. I then cut the 3 rectangle pieces from a coordinating paper from the same Sassafras pad. I edged all three pieces with black ink and attached to the card as shown. Next, I stamped the girl reading(MFT) onto white cardstock. I colored her in with my Copic markers. I stamped her again on DP(Prima Marketing "Makes Me Happy" Collection) and cut out just the book. I then stamped the girl again on a scrap of white cardstock and color/cut out just her hands. I attached the book to the first image of the girl and then attached the extra hands on top of the book. I then die cut the image with my Nestibilities Label 8. I edged it with black ink and colored the embossed edge with my cool gray Copic marker. I attached this central piece over the DP hearts rectangles. The last step was to stamp the greeting onto white cardstock with the black ink. I then cut the words apart and edged with black ink. I then attached the pieces with dimensional dots(Stampin'Up) so they stand out on the card. And that does it for this card. I sure hope my daughter likes it. I sure do miss her.
Janet
Supplies:
Designer Paper: Prima Marketing; Sassafras
stamps: My Favorite Things
markers: Copic
other: Nestabilities

2 comments:

Juls said...

stunning!! Love the image!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the card and the sentiment is just FAB! Great colors!