Thursday, October 8, 2009

Four Challenges in One Card


Hi everyone,
I have been MIA for a little while. Sorry about that. It has been crazy busy around here lately. Today I needed to get a card made for my Grandmother since she just sent me a nice long letter. I thought she would enjoy a Fall card. I figured time was of the essence so I combined as many challenges as I could on this one. I used real stitches for the stitch challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges blog(http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/2009/10/crazy-4-challenges-week-5-sew-happy.html). I also used the theme of the earth rejoicing(autumn leaves) for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog(http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2009/10/challenge-7.html). Also sketch 36 by Laura over at 2 Sketches 4 You blog(http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/2009/10/lauras-sketch-36.html). And last, but not least, I used the theme of Harvest(the trees are harvesting their gorgeous leaves) from the Gingersnap Creations blog challenge(http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/2009/10/gc25-chestnut-challenge-harvest.html).
To create this card, I used designer paper from K & Company mat pad called Fall Harvest. I cut the pieces a little smaller than the card so that the brown card would show as a mat. I edged all the outer sides with brown ink. I then punched holes along the middle paper strip, using my piercing kit from Timeless Touches. I then made large cross stitching using fiber from a fiber pack from Trimtex purchased from Hobby Lobby. I trimmed the bottom of the designer paper with "Clouds" Paper Edgers scissors from Fiskars. I then made photo corners at the top with my square punch from Creative Memories and a pair of paper edgers(scallop). I punched the sentiment circle using my Creative Memories circles punch(larger circle). I edged it with the brown ink. I then stamped the sentiment on it(TAC). I punched two small holes and added the leaf brads(Target) as shown. I mounted the sentiment circle with Dimensionals adhesive from Stampin' Up. And that is it. Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening.
Janet
Supplies:
Designer Paper: K & Company Fall Harvest Mat Pad
Stamps: TAC (The Angel Company)
Brads: Target Dollar Spot
Fiber: Trimtex
Tools: Paper Piercing kit from Timeless Touches; Paper Edgers from Fiskars; Punches from Creative Memories;

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

fabulous card, love your stitching

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Shar said...

Stunning card! Love the harvest colors and theme! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations challenge!

Cheryl Nelson said...

soooooooo beautiful! i love the warm autumn colors!

Pamela said...

Great card! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :)

KimmyS said...

Such a lovely card
Thanks so much for joining us at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

I lvoe all the fall leaves on your card! It's beautiful! Thanks for playing with us as SSCC!
Blessings!
~H