Sunday, October 25, 2009

Moxie Fab Ruffle Challenge


























Hi everyone. Yes, it's me the slacker blogger! I wish life wasn't so busy so I could create and blog more often. Oh well, what's a girl to do? I guess I just do what I can and be glad that of what I can do. :D Anyway, I made this card for the Moxie Fab World unusual ruffle challenge. I wanted to upload it as soon as I made it, but the above babbling explained my dilemna with time issues. So here I am posting it the day before the challenge is due. *sigh* For this card I used an iris folding circle that I had laying around. I decided that it needed to be a flower. I die cut it with a Nestabilities Blossom die in my Wizard. I love that my Wizard will cut through my thick layers that happen from the iris folding. I matted the flower with a gold piece of cardstock and then a piece of patterned paper. I found a scrap of green cardstock to make into a stem adding some accordian folds. I then cut some wide sheer white ribbon and scrunched/folded it along the bottom of the sunflower piece(backside with a strip of two sided adhesive tape) to look like a ruffle. I then mounted that whole piece to a white card. I added some yellow leaves ribbon trim over the seam. And that is about it. I wanted the Iris folding to be the focal point so I didn't want to over-embellish the card. It is for my daughter off at college. She loves yellow so it should make her happy. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

2 comments:

Morgan Weeg Therrien said...

Love the way this one came out!!!! It looks like a sunflower with the dark center. :)
~Morgan

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Janet! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! :)