Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pink Persimmon Sketch Challenge - Card 2




























Hello again. Here is my second card that I made for the Pink Persimmon Blog Hop Sketch Challenge. Check out the sketch here: http://pinkpersimmon.typepad.com/pinkpersimmon/2010/02/sketch-challenge.html
I decided to use my neglected Sizzix dies for this card. I die cut the basket, flowers, swirl accent, and "bloom" with my little red Sizzix machine. All of the dies except the basket are Sizzlets. The basket is an original Sizzix die. I cut the basket out of designer paper that looked like a weave pattern(Provo Craft Bitty Scrap Pad - Backgrounds). All the other paper used is from DCWV mat stacks). I made the card from off white cardstock. I edged the 5 X 7 card with Tea Dye Distress Ink from Ranger. I then added a background paper(Crafty Secrets - Earthy paper pad)and distressed the edges with my pink distresser from Heidi Swapp. I then antiqued it with the Tea Dye Distress ink. Next I antiqued the basket with Walnut Stain Distress ink and attached it flat to my card after adding a cream bow to the handle. I layered my flowers and centered them each with a yellow or pink brad. I arranged them in the basket and attached with adhesive after I was pleased with the placement. I then die cut a swirl to layer over the basket. I cut the word "bloom" and attached under the swirl as shown. To finish I attached 3 matching buttons to the top left of the card. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

No comments: