Sunday, September 7, 2014

MOJO Monday #361 and Northern Stars CTMH Color Challenge

Hello again,
I love it when I have time to get more than one card posted in a day.  This card is my entry in my CTMH group color challenge.  We were to use at least 3 colors from this picture.
I chose to go more monochromatic and used Outdoor Denim, Pacifica, Lagoon, and Glacier inks.  I also followed the sketch from MOJO Monday Sketch Challenge Blog.  http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2014/09/mojo-monday-361-contest.html 
I just realized that I miss the cutoff time to post this to the Mojo Monday blog by 15 minutes!!! UGH!!!!  Oh well.  At least I got to play with my stuff.  I used my new CTMH craft mat do make the watercolor pieces above.  I just put drops of my reinkers of the colors I listed above on the mat and placed my watercolor paper that was lightly misted with water on top of the drops and mushed it around.  I like how the different ways I did it created different looks.  I also used CTMH black ink for the butterfly and the greeting.  The background paper is Lagoon cardstock.  The corners were rounded on the smaller watercolor piece.  I used the butterfly from CTMH "Your Own Kind of Wonderful" and the greeting is from CTMH "Fabulous You" stamp sets.  I also used CTMH silver shimmer trim across the center of the card and a touch of Prisma Glitter on the butterfly.  Thanks for stopping by.

                                           Janet

No comments: