Sunday, February 26, 2017

Happy Birth Day Card: Addicted to CAS #105 and Crazy 4 Challenges #374


Good evening, friends.  It's been a busy weekend for me, but I found some time to work on getting some cards done and posted.  For this card I chose a few challenges that would work in making a masculine card.  I am always needing more guy cards and this one will be easy to duplicate in the future.  I used the Addicted to CAS challenge #105 as inspiration since it is to use "wood".  The challenge can be found here.  I also used the Crazy 4 Challenges #374 which is to use your sentiment as a focal point.  The link to that challenge is here.  

To make this card, I started with a kraft cardstock card.  I needed a good layout for the card so I chose a sketch from the CTMH Make It From Your Heart Volume 2 page 45 pattern 25.  I love these books because they give you the measurements for each piece.  No guess work involved which cuts a lot of time.  I have all their how to books that deal with cards.  For paper I cut pieces from the "Hello Lovely" and "Rustic Home Fundamentals" collections from CTMH.  The greeting is stamped in Black dye ink from CTMH.  I edged all the pieces with Ranger Distress Walnut Stain ink using my Ranger distress tool.  The greeting piece is popped up with pop dots.  It needed a little something else so I attached some black epoxy bubbles from CTMH as shown.  And that's it.  A nice CAS style masculine card for my stash.  
Thanks for stopping by,

Janet

2 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great masculine card design! Thanks for joining us at Crazy4Challenges!

Bhavana said...

Simple and great masculine card design. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!