Sunday, May 21, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #212 and BTF Weekly Challenge #46A/B: Little Dreamer


Hi Y'all,
It's been awhile since I have posted.  I have had a crazy spring this year that has been crazy busy.  I also had some computer issues and hopefully they have been resolved.  I couldn't upload pics from my camera and couldn't post my cards.  UGH!  I am now resorting to trying it with my phone.  No edit program available, but at least I have pictures!

My card today is inspired by the sketch over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog.  
Here is the sketch:    You can find the blog HERE.  I also knew that I wanted to use the new "Little Dreamer" Collection from CTMH.  Hence, I am also entering this card in the Between the Folds Weekly Challenge blog for their Challenge #46 A and B which is to use "Little Dreamer" collection from CTMH.    You can access that blog HERE.  

My card follows the sketch pretty closely.  I needed a retirement card so I used the "You'll be missed" stamp and die from the CTMH set called No Worries Cardmaking set with matching dies.  I also used the flower stamp and die from the Little Dreamer - scrapbooking set.  All my papers are from CTMH Little Dreamer collection.  I used glacier cardstock for the greeting piece.  The flowers were stamped with CTMH Thistle and Blossom inks.  (BTW - I love the new magnetic stamp pads!!!)  The greeting was stamped with CTMH Lagoon ink.  I popped the greeting and 2 flowers with dimensional adhesive.  I added some CTMH Glitter Gems to the centers of each flower and also some clear ones for added interest.  And there you have it.  I love this sketch and will use it again with scraps from other projects.  It's a good way to use up all those 1/2 inch zip strips and/or trim pieces you have laying around.  

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a splendid Sunday.

Janet

7 comments:

Patty said...

Love you card Janet! Great job highlighting the sketch elements. Thank you for joining the AHSC this week.

Lori said...

Very cute card! I need to look into that paper pack - I really like the colors of it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

Golden Goddess Designs said...

sweet card! tfs at AHSC!


Alicia

Lisa said...

This is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts this week!

Annette Clark said...

What a sweet card, Janet! I love how you paired your colors and embellishments and I just want to pick those little flowers! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Annette Clark said...

Thanks for joining us at Between The Folds, too!

Brandi said...

Great job, I love the colours and the design. You did a great job following the sketch and hitting the BTF challenge. Great job!

Thanks for playing along with Between the Folds Challenge (BTF) & Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member BTF & AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca