Thursday, July 12, 2018

SOSS #113 and Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #272: Suck it up Cupcake!



Hey!
Yes, it has been a LONG time since I posted on my blog.  The past year has been filled with many changes for my family and me.  We made a BIG move to another state, left my job of 10 years, and had our daughter move back home with us.  All that said we are finally starting to get settled in and adjusted to our new home in NC.  I love the area we are in and definitely can handle the heat (especially after all those cold winters in MI).  So with all that being said I am ready to get back to crafting.

I made this card for a couple of blog challenges.  Challenges really help jump start my creative juices.  The first challenge that I am entering are the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #113: Over the Hill which can be found HERE.   I love to make snarky birthday cards so this one appealed to me right away.  Next I needed some design help so I decided to use the sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog.  This is from sketch challenge #272 which can be linked up HERE.  This is what the sketch looks like.

I made this card using the bunny stamp from Taylored Expressions Party Grumplings set.  I just love his expression!  I stamped him with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored him with my Copic markers (C0 Cool Gray, R00 Pinkish White, R20 Blush, R08 Vermilion) with an added touch of bling on the cupcake with Wink of Stella clear. I popped this piece up with some dimensional adhesive dots.  I used paper from the CTMH Central Park collection plus CTMH Bashful and White Daisy cardstock following the sketch.  I stamped the greeting from the same TE Party Grumplings stamp set with CTMH black ink.  Lastly, I added some matching dots from CTMH Stargazer Dots accessories.  
There you have it.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Janet

5 comments:

Toni said...

Bwahaha! Hilarious and so cute! thanks for joining us at SOSS!

Jane Willis said...

Love it - cute, pretty and snarky all rolled into one. Thanks for sharing at SOSS

create.365 said...

hee-hee...a cute and funny card all in one! Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week.

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the snarky comment - too funny! Great mix of colours and patterns. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Annette Clark said...

Oh my gosh, but I love this card! Not only is it fun to see a bit of snarky humor sometimes but that bunny's expression perfectly sums up how many of us past 'a certain age' can feel about our birthdays, or at least having anyone ask - or tell - how old we are! This also reminds me of the "happy bunny" cartoons and images that were so popular about a decade ago, my daughter as in life ve with those. Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.