Monday, June 25, 2007


I am in a swap for June that had to contain ribbon. I have to admit I struggled a bit on this one. I finally decided to find ribbon I wanted to use and then add stamps. Blue and yellow seemed appropriate for daisies so the color scheme, ribbon and stamps were set. I used Cornish Heritage Farms stamps for this card. First, I stamped the victorian sunflower backgrounder stamp with yoyo yellow SU ink on a yellow card. Next, I stamped the same stamp with bliss blue on blue cardstock. I trimmed a piece of the blue stamped cardstock to fit at the bottom 1/3 of the yellow card. I also trimmed a 1/2 inch piece of the blue stamped cardstock to fit across the top of the yellow card about 1/3 inch from the top of the card. Now I punched a blue scalloped oval circle from the blue cardstock and I smaller plain oval from white cardstock. I stamped the large daisy detail with versa mark onto the white oval. I used a finger dauber to put yoyo yellow chalk onto the versa mark daisies. I then mounted the white oval to the blue scalloped oval and used double sided tape to attach the oval image to the card as shown. I then cut two pieces of rickrack (one blue and one yellow) and attach them in the middle of the card to cover the seam where the blue and yellow pieces meet. I used a yellow prima flower with a yellow brad in the middle of it for the bottom right corner. I attached it with a glue dot. And there you have it. I got it done just in the nick of time for June, too!

No comments: