Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June Masculine swap for CHF


Yippee! I got my other June swap done for CHF. This one had to have a masculine theme. I kind of stretched the swap here because I actually did not use any stamps on the card. However, I thought it was such a clever card I went ahead and used the design anyway. I saw the idea from the June/July 2007 issue of Paper Crafts on page 71, if you want to reference it. I altered my cards to fit in a standard A2 size envelope. I used a standard A2 size white card and used my centering ruler to find the center of the fold (make it top-folded). I then marked off 3 3/4 inches for the top, making sure that it was centered. I then cut from the ends of my top measurements to the bottom corners at an angle. I then V notched the crotch part of the card in center. I then traced the card on the back side of my surfboard paper and cut out. I attached the surfboard paper to the front of the card with double sided tape. Next I cut a 3/4 inch by 3 3/4 inch piece of lime green paper. I cut this evenly in half. I placed white eyelets in the green pieces. I then thread white yarn through each eyelet and THEN attached them to the top of the card with a space in between them of about 3/8 of an inch. The ends should hang off the sides of the card which can be trimmed off after attaching the strips. Tie the white yarn into a knot and then knot off the ends and trim. And there you have your jazzy swim trunk card! I also stamped the saying "life is a beach" onto the envelope. You can print or stamp whatever saying you want for the inside of the card. I would probably put something like "Dive in!" or "Jump in!" along with Happy Birthday. Those would go with my saying on the envelope. Now off they go to the mail box!

No comments: