Thursday, July 12, 2007

Red, white and blue swap


Woo-Hoo! I got my July swaps done early for once. I have two examples of my red, white, and blue swaps. Can you see the difference? Yep. The only difference is the way the ribbon is attached to the card. The stamp is from a retired Stampin' Up set. I love this stamp for July 4th cards. It is simple but cute. I stamped it in Night of Navy ink by Stampin' Up onto white cardstock and trimmed into a square. I die-cut a tag out of red cardstock. I then mounted this on white and trimmed it, leaving a thin margin. I used star background paper and cut 1 x 4 inch strips. I mounted them evenly spaced onto the navy card. The tag layers are all mounted flat with double sided tape. I mounted the tag with Stampin' Up dimensionals. I added stars to the tag that I punched out of sparkle paper and attached with a glue stick. On one card I slipped the ribbons through the hole and made a slip knot. The other card I just stapled the ribbons on and attached a punched star on top. Hope you all enjoyed your 4th.

No comments: