Wednesday, August 29, 2007

New baby Eddie


Here is a nice and simple card I made for our friends new baby named Eddie. I had a baby card kit and decided to build off that. The card came with the kit and was patterned on the bottom 2/3 of the card with the top 1/3 white. The glitter "baby" word came with the kit. I attached it to the top with the pop dots included in the kit. I didn't like the ribbon that came with the kit so I added my own to the seam separating the patterned from the white. That was too plain so I decided to punch a hole in the bottom corner. I used Creative Memories 1 1/4 inch punch for that. Next I stamped the round itsy bitsy baby stamp from Stampin' Up on the inside of the card so that it could be seen when the card was closed. Trying to stamp in such a small space is exactly why I like clear stamps better. Rubber stamps are great for a lot of techniques, but sometimes a design just screams for clear!!! I then colored the baby with colored pencils. Done! Now I just have to get busy and wrap the gift so that they can go in the mail tomorrow. : )

No comments: