Monday, October 1, 2007

Father-in-law's Birthday


My father-in-law's birthday is coming up so I wanted to make him a nice autumn-type card. The collage set is from Stampin' Up and the "Happy Birthday" is from Serendipity Stamps. I stamped the collage with Graphite Black Brilliance ink and embossed with black powder. I painted the images with Twinkling H2Os. I matted the collage with green and attached to the sand-paper distressed card with two-sided tape. Next, I die-cut the oval frame using my Sizzix machine in both green and yellow. I stamped the words with same ink as the collage and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I put bronze brads in the holes of the frame and attached to the card with mini dots. I mounted the words flat to the card in the center of the frame. For the finishing touch, I added a sheer bronze ribbon tied in a knot at the fold of the card. Now I just have to get it in the mail!

No comments: