Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nephew's birthday




My nephew, Michael, has a birthday coming up so I had to get a card made and in the mail. He is a fireman so I wanted to make something using my Close to my Heart fireman set. I stamped the fire engine on a die-cut tag (Sizzix). I distressed the tag with Antique Linen Distress Ink by Ranger and Close to Cocoa ink by Stampin' Up. I stapled a ribbon to it. I then made a index tab from scratch and put two bronze brads on it. I attached it to the top right corner of the tag. I used dimensionals to attach the tag to the card which I had added patterned paper to and stamped flames from the same stamp set to the top half of the brown card. The words were typed on Word and printed on regular old printer paper using brown ink. I distressed with the same inks used on the front of the card. I then die-cut a fire engine for the inside corner(Sizzlets). I hope he enjoys his card and has a great birthday.

No comments: