Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Cat's Pajama's Tuesday 01 contest entry


Here is my attempt at the Cat's Pajama's Tuesday contest. This week the challenge was to use the company's trademark colors of yellow, hot pink, black and white on a card. It was definitely a challenge for me. I finally decided to try a different technique with my cardstock. I did a corner paper weave to be different. I then added some black cardstock on top of the middle strips to break up all the pink and yellow. I stamped the kitty 3 times with black Versafine ink. I then stamped the hats on pink and yellow cardstock and cut them out. I punched 2 sizes of flowers from the pink and yellow cardstock to add to the tops of the hats. To finish off the hats I added some crystal bling in the centers of the flowers. The greeting was stamped with the Glue Pad and then white flock was added to it. The final step was to add a black and white bow to the center of the corner weave. And there you have it.

1 comment:

toners said...

Janet, this is so pretty! I love the paper weaving; I haven't tried that before :)

Thank you for playing along in our very first week of challenges!