Saturday, May 17, 2008

Katie's Graduation card




I really enjoyed making this grad. card for my cousin's daughter, Katie. I took her invitation that she sent me and I cut it up into individual pieces. I then started piecing it together. On the front I used a piece of DP from The High School Stack (DCWV). I love this paper. I inked all the edges with green ink. I mounted the cut out "Class of 08" on a piece of silver mirror cardstock and then cut it out. I then mounted it to the top of the card with SU dimensionals. I then took the quote cut from the invite and mounted it on black cardstock and trimmed again. I mounted this below the 08 piece. I then took wide satin silver ribbon and stitched it into a flower shape. I embossed a white biggie brad with hunter green EP. I added the silver 08 from off the invite. I stuck the brad through the middle of the flower and mounted to the card to the left of the quote. For the inside, I die cut a graduation cap(Sizzix) and edged it with silver ink and put a silver brad where tassel connects. I took the sketch of the high school and edged it with green ink and mounted to the top portion in the card. I then mounted the grad. cap to the upper left corner. I then added the green metallic strip of 2008 from the invite below the sketch. For the main body of the inside card, I cut and mounted the name of the school and the quote on black cardstock. I then attached them to the card as shown. I then attached the mascot to a green tag edged with silver and added silver cording to the hole. I attached it to the card with SU dimensionals. I stamped "congratulations" with black on green cardstock and edged it with silver. I attached that under the quote. I then die cut 2 "k" s with my Sizzix. I shadow mounted them to the bottom left corner. And that is it. I hope she has a great graduation next week. Wish we could be there for her in Tennessee where it is WARM!!! LOL Best wishes to you, Katie.

No comments: