Sunday, June 29, 2008

Innovative Stamp Creations Contest Entry


Good afternoon. I finally had some time to work on a card for the Innovative Stamp Creations contest posted here: http://innovativestampcreations.blogspot.com/2008/06/isc-c6-card-sketch.html I used the butterfly from their sheet called "Summer Elements II". First I created 2 masks of the butterfly, one regular one and one reverse. First I put the reverse mask on my circle and used various shades of purple and lavendar to fill in the body and wings. After that I removed that mask and put on the regular mask over the butterfly body and wings. I then sponged green inks on the rest of the circle. When sponging was done I stamped my butterfly over the sponging with black Versafine. I then added glitter to parts of the wings. Lastly I sprayed a fine mist of Gold Glimmer Mist over the entire circle. I then cut a scallop circle with my Nestabilities die from lavendar cardstock. I sponged the edges with green ink. I then attached the butterfly circle to the scallop circle. I cut a piece of DP to fit the entire front of the card(DCWV) and attached it to the card. I then cut a piece of darker lavendar cardstock to attach across the middle of the card as shown. I used my Martha Stewart edger punch to create the decorative edges of the strip. I attached strip across the middle of the card. Next, I cut a strip of lavendar glitter paper(DCWV) and punched the decorative edge in it also. I attached it to the middle strip. I then attached the circle piece with dimensional foam pads to the left side of the card as shown. The last step was to spray more Gold Glimmer Mist over the entire card. I am afraid that the glittery details do not show up well on my scanner. I really enjoyed this challenge.
Blessings,
Janet

No comments: