Monday, July 7, 2008

Dutch Dare contest entry



Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend. We had a good time going to our town parade, watching fireworks, going kayaking, and working on our yard. It was a fun yet productive weekend.

Let's get to my card. I needed to make a card for my BIL and SIL. They recently moved into a new house in TN. I decided to use the sketch challenge posted on the dutch dare card challenge website.(Here is the link: http://www.dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com )

I started with a standard white A2 card. I cut a piece of blue cardstock to cover the entire front. Second, I cut a 3 7/16 X 4 1/2" piece of patterned paper and attached to blue piece. Then I cut a 2 7/8 X 4" piece of brown cardstock and layered this on top of the patterned paper. Next, I cut a 2 1/2 X 3 9/16" flowered patterned paper and attached it to the brown cardstock. The next step was to cut a 1 7/8 X 2 3/8" piece of green cardstock. I stamped the house image(TAC) with sepia Versafine. I stamped the image again on blue polka dot paper and cut out only the house. I attached the house to the image on the green cardstock. I then colored the image with Sakura Souffle gel pens. I set it aside to dry. While the image was drying I stamped the greeting(Magenta) with sepia Versafine on a strip of blue cardstock and attached it in bottom right portion of the flowered patterned paper. I also punched a flower out of the patterned paper, put a Cloud 9 flower rain drop in the center of the flower punch. I attached this circle to the bottom right corner of the card. After main image was dry I attached it to the bottom left corner of the card with dimensional foam pads. All pieces were edged with brown ink before attaching. It still needed a little something else so I pierced the top corners of the blue cardstock and only the bottom left corner of the image piece.

stamps: TAC and Magenta

Paper: DCWV

ink: Sepia Versafine; Close to Cocoa SU;

accessories: Sakura Souffle gel pens; Cloud 9 flower rain dots; Paper piercer with cork board(Timeless Touches)

Thanks for stopping by.

Janet

1 comment:

Karin and the DT-Members said...

Hi Janet,

what a great card.
Love the little stamp and the papers you've used.
Thanks for joining the Dutch dare Challenge.

xoxo Karin