Friday, July 11, 2008

Sketch and color challenge card


Good morning,
I got a card done for 2 challenges. I had only so much time so I decided to kill two birds with one stone. LOL The challenges are Kazan's sketch 4 on http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com and the color challenge on http://paperpleasing.typepad.com using Night of Navy, Mellow Moss, and white. I started with a white card and cut a piece of Mellow Moss cardstock slightly smaller than the card front. I stamped the moss piece with a lacy leaf backgrounder (TAC) using Versamark. I then attached a piece of adhesive ribbon from K&Company across the bottom. Next I cut a rectangle out of Night of Navy and stamped it with the Linen Backgrounder (SU!) using Versamark. I then used my Martha Stewart scallop punch to make the bottom edge. I then made a large flower by tearing 3 graduated sizes circles from white cardstock. I crumpled them and distressed the edges flipping them up. I used the technique for the flowers that I saw on the above "Paper Pleasing" blog. I tore leaves from Mellow Moss and scored with bone folder. I attached a pearl button to the middle after attaching the layers with glue dots. I attached the flower to the top of the navy rectangle after attaching it to the card. Next I made smaller flowers(5) with pearl centers for the bottom row. I attached them with glue dots to the card. The last step was to tear and distress a smaller white rectangle for the greeting. I stamped the greeting (TAC) with Night of Navy ink(SU!). Thanks for stopping by!
Janet

5 comments:

Julie said...

Very pretty - I love those white roses, and all the mini roses alng the bottom!

Unknown said...

wow Janet this turned out gorgeous! Love the Black & White it is very striking. Thanks for playing at 2 Sketches 4 You this week :)

Deanne Clarke said...

Beautiful card!!!

Lisa said...

What gorgeous little flowers, fantastic card.

Rosanne said...

very elegant card