Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Moxie Fab World Challenge: Clean and Simple




I decided to make a card for a challenge on making a clean and simple holiday card. Here is the link to the challenge: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2009/08/stretch-your-holiday-style-clean.html It is hosted by Cath from Paper Crafts. For my card, I decided to go with snowflakes. This card was so easy I think I am going to make a bunch for this Christmas. First, I went through my stash of paper and found a blue with a shimmery finish(Target). I cut it to fit the entire front of my white card(A2). Next, I used my Sizzlet snowflake dies and my Tagalong machine to cut a bunch of snowflakes out of white glitter paper(DCWV). I randomly arranged them on the front of card and when pleased I glued them all down except for the large one above the verse. I used a pop dot to add a little dimension. I trimmed all the flakes that were hanging off the card. Lastly, I stamped the verse(TAC) in black. Done! I tried to get a couple of angles on the photos so as to show the shimmer and sparkle of the papers. If you click on them you can see the details up close. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet
Supplies:
Paper: Target
Designer Paper: DCWV
Dies: Sizzlets by Sizzix
Stamp: TAC














3 comments:

Alicia said...

What a pretty and delicate card. Nice work.

papertrails leaver said...

so beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

Love the snowflakes and wonderful sentiment on this pretty card!