Tuesday, August 25, 2009

MOJO Monday Sketch 101


It's that time again! Time for the newest MOJO Monday sketch post. I really like this blog. Their sketches are always fun and easy to replicate. Here is the link to this week's sketch:


For my card I decided to use this sketch to make my wonderful neighbor a "thank you" card. She gaves us a bunch of her tomatoes from her garden. They were so nice and juicy. I wanted to do something for her, but cooking isn't my forte. She is a great cook so I definitely knew that I couldn't return the favor with a tasty dish. I decided to make her a nice card instead. I made a 4" square card from white cardstock. Next, I cut a piece of patterned paper to cover the front. I then cut a piece of red DP to look like a ribbon to go across the middle of the card. I used a corner punch to add the detail to the end. I attached this with adhesive to the card. Then I die cut a rectangle with my Nestabilities from DP and attached it over the ribbon piece. I wanted to image to stand out so I decided to use a Nestabilities Label for the tomato to be mounted on. I kept it white to match the lattice in the DP. Oh, and I inked all the edges with green ink. I found a cute sticker in the DP pack and used it across the top of the card. For the inside, I mounted the same green DP with another red ribbon across the middle. I used another sticker that had a nice verse on it and then wrote a personal thank you for the tomatoes. I hope she likes it. I know that we sure did like the tomatoes! :D Thanks for stopping by.
Janet
Supplies: Stamp: Gina K Designs; Designer Paper(DP): Miss Elizabeth(Dollar Tree); Stickers: Miss Elizabeth(Dollar Tree); Dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinders; Die cut machine: Wizard by Spellbinders.



2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely - great colours and a great use of the sketch, really unusual... so clever of moo! Jo x

Christine said...

Beautiful!!!