Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MOJO Monday turns 100: Sketch 2




Hi everyone,
I made it back from Jamaica safe and sound. Truth be told I could have stayed there another month! But, alas, real life must resume. On the plus side, I got a card made tonight for my grand-niece. She is turning 4 tomorrow. I can't believe she is already that old. Time sure does fly. Anyway, on to the card. I decided to use the Mojo Monday turns 100-day 2 sketch. Here is the link: http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2009/08/mojo-turns-100-day-2.html
I had the image picked out and decided to turn the sketch so that my image would fit. First I stamped my "Magnolia" stamp onto white cardstock(Gina K) with Momento black ink. I was going to try out my Copic markers, but in the end I chickened out and used my brand new Koh-i-noor colored pencils. It was my first try at these and I must say they blend wonderfully with Gamsol. After coloring the image, I added some clear Stardust Gel pen highlights to the image. You can click on one of the images to see it closeup. I apologize for my photos. I am still learning all about taking pics of my cards. I had a hard time with glare, hence the weird angles. I then cut the image using my Nesties. I matted it and then cut all the matching papers (the glitter Sweet stack by DCWV) according to the sketch. I edged all pieces with Tattered Rose Distress ink by Ranger. I then added a glittering pink ribbon and attached the bow with a glue dot. I handprinted the greeting on the tag that the girl is holding. For the inside of the card, I mounted some matching DP and then mounted the greeting on top of it. That's about it. Hope you enjoyed my attempt at creating. Later-
Janet

No comments: