Saturday, February 6, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You: Kazan's Sketch 45


Howdy peeps! Long time no see. LOL Here is a card I just finished (in the nick of time) using Kazan's sketch 45. Here is the link to the sketch challenge: http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/2010/02/kazans-sketch-45.html .
I started with a 5 1/2 inch square white card and matted the front with black cardstock. Next I stamped my image(Stampin' Up Vintage Valentines set) on white cardstock and several different patterned papers from the Sassafras collection called Sunshine Lollipops. It is such a fun collection. I then paper pieced the image together and colored the flesh and hair with colored pencils and Gamsol. Next I cut the circle out around the image using my Creative Memories cutting system. I then cut a larger circle out of a matching piece of DP. I then cut a large square of DP to layer on top of the black. I edged all pieces with Tea Dye Distress Ink by Ranger. Then I layered the circles onto the card in the middle as shown. The last thing I did was to punch 2 hearts out of more DP from the same collection . I added those on either side of the image with pop dots. And there you have it. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

3 comments:

suzARTe said...

such a lovely card. I love the sentiment, image and colours you have used

Unknown said...

that is one beautiful image - I love how you used it on the sketch. Thanks for sharing
:) Kazan

cnelson said...

Love this in every way!! that image is just the sweetest!!!