Thursday, February 4, 2010

OCC Sketch SASSC50


Hello again,
Today I am posting a card that I made following the sketch from OCC found here: http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/2010/01/sketch-challenge-sassc50.html
I decided to dig out a stamp set that has been gathering dust to make this card. It is by Stampin' Up and it is the retired set called "Vintage Valentines". I just love the images in this set and was glad I found it again. I stamped the image on white cardstock(Gina K) with Versafine black ink. I then used colored pencils and Gamsol to color the image. I then cut the image out. I made a 5 X 7 card out of white cardstock. I then cut a piece of patterned paper(DaisyD)to fit entire front of card. Before I attached it, I taped a length of pink ribbon onto the back so that it would come over and hang down the front of the card. I then attached the paper to the card. I also inked the edges with Old Paper Distress ink. Next I cut white cardstock into a rectangle and ran it through my Big Shot with the Sizzix three dot embossing folder. I then edged it with Old Paper ink. Next I cut a slightly bigger red rectangle and cut the edges with decorative scissors. I mounted the red piece to the card and then the white embossed piece on top of the red one. I then glued the ribbon onto the card. Next I found two doilies in red and white. I trimmed the outer edge off the white one and mounted it flush to the red one. I attached the layered doilies to the card on top of the ribbon with dimensional adhesive as shown. Next I popped up the image onto the doilies. I made a large pink bow and attached to the top of the image. The last thing I did was to punch out a heart from my patterned paper and stamped "hugs" (Hero Arts) on it. I edged the heart with the Old Paper Distress ink. I then attached it as shown with a pop dot. And there you have it. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

No comments: