Friday, February 5, 2010

Double duty card for Card Patterns Sketch 49 and Metallic Challenge for Gingersnap Creations


Wow, I know! I've posted two days in a row. Nothing like deadlines to make me get busy. My on-line group is doing a swap and so I needed some inspiration to help me get them done. I used the sketch 49 from Card Patterns (http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2010/01/sketch-49.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FaYJY+%28CardPatterns%29) and the metallic challenge from Gingersnap Creations (http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/2010/01/gc39-color-challenge-metallics.html) which is to use metallic paper, embellishments or ink on a card. In case you can't tell I did use metallics on this card. The three hearts in the top left corner are red metallic embellishments. My silly scanner makes them look black, but if you look close on the edges you can see that they are red and shiny. I used my Nesties to die cut the squares and the hanging hearts. My stamp is a retired one from Stampin' Up. I used a water brush to watercolor the cow a light pink. The rest of the coloring was done with Sakura Stardust gelly roll pens in yellow, red, and clear. I added Dazzling Diamonds(SU) glitter to the wings and scarf. I edged the white square with pink chalk and then dirtied it up a little with black ink. I covered the entire card front with DP from Miss Elizabeth(Dollar Tree) and edged with black ink. I added the black ribbon with die cut hearts as shown. The hearts needed a little something so I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to them, too. I added the 3 Metallic hearts with pop dots. That's it for this card. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

No comments: