Monday, March 8, 2010

Doing a Double Duty Card


Well, I see already that I need to clean the glass in my scanner! LOL That smudge in the middle of the card is NOT on the card itself. Gee Whiz! Anyway, I made this card for the Verve Challenge 1 seen here: http://vervestamps.blogspot.com/2010/03/spring-fling-challenge-1.html and the clean & simple blog sketch here: http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/2010/03/81.html . As for how I made this clean and simple card, I started with some green cardstock from DCWV made into an A2 size card. I then distressed the edges with my little pink distressing tool by Heidi Swapp. I then cut another piece of green paper just a bit smaller than the card. I distressed the edges of this paper, too. Now I took my 1 inch circle punch from Stampin' Up and punched 3 holes from the smaller piece of green paper as shown. I then stamped my greeting from the Verve Thoughtful Florals set in the space between the second and third holes. I used Wisteria Chalk ink by Colorbox. Next I cut some lavendar and white floral designer paper from K & Company's Wedding Collection Designer Mat Pad and attached it behind the holes so that flowers are seen in the holes. I then attached that green piece to the card. That is it. Definitely clean and simple. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a fun card. Thanks for playing! :)