Saturday, May 1, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You: Kazan's Sketch 51


Well, I finally got around to making a card for my nephew's birthday which is next week. He is only 14 months younger than his older brother so I had to make a similar card for him as I did for his brother. I made his brother a basketball themed card since it was basketball playoffs time. So I used baseball as the theme for this card since that is the season in full swing now. I used Kazan's sketch 51 from 2 Sketches 4 You blog. Here is the link: http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/2010/04/kazans-sketch-51-farewell.html . I pretty much followed the sketch to a T with lots of layering. I used scrapbook paper from one of those packs from the Target Dollar Spot. Isn't that the best! You can get some great paper there for just a buck! The stamped image is an oldie from TAC(The Angel Company) that was stamped with Stampin' Up Baroque Burgandy(retired). I shadowed it with my Copic Sketch marker CO (cool gray no. 0). I then stamped the words with brown ink(Colorbox Chalk) and cut them out. All of the blue paper is from a DCWV pad. I cut the popped up baseball from the paper. The little border under the baseball is from the same pack of cheap-o paper. I edged all the paper with Distress Ink in Antique Linen. And that is it. Pretty simple - just a lot of layering. I really liked this sketch. Thanks, Kazan!

3 comments:

milli said...

What a great card! Love the image and the papers!

cnelson said...

sooooooo cute! love that image!

Unknown said...

awesome layering! Turned out fabulous
thanks for joining us at 2S4Y
:) Kazan