Friday, May 21, 2010

Graduation Card



You are not going to believe this but this is a card that I made for the sake of making a graduation card. No challenges or contests! My cousin's son is graduating next week in Tennessee so I needed to get him a card made and in the mail NOW. LOL I don't know how I got started making my graduation cards this way, but I now use the invitation/announcement in my card. I begin by cutting apart all the elements from the announcement that would work as a card element. Next, I choose my colors which, of course, follow the school colors represented in the announcement. I then die cut everything and mat it all with matching metallic cardstock. It seems like every announcement has silver or other metallic type on it. This school has green and silver for the main colors. I matted everything with either silver or green metallic papers. The graduation motto and quote both came from the announcement, too. They both worked great for the greetings. No stamps were used. I generated my personal comments on the computer and printed it out. Sure hope he likes it. Oh, almost forgot - I did use my Stampin' Up texture plate by Sizzix to make the background for the front of the card. I just did tone on tone with white. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

No comments: