Friday, September 10, 2010

Birthday Card using Gina K Designs stamps







Hi everyone,
Gosh, has it really been that long since I last posted? I am not being too good with my blogging. This time I am showing you a card I made for my brother-in-law's upcoming birthday. I knew I wanted to use my Gina K Designs set called "Way to Go". It is a humorous set that is good for masculine birthdays. I decided to make a gatefold card out of gray cardstock. I then made a door out of various grays and black for the front piece. I stamped the image with black Versafine ink and fussy cut it out. Adhered to door. I drew a door handle and punched out a piece of silver metallic cardstock for the knob. ( just used a standard hole punch) Open the front and you come to the second flap. I made this to look like a bathroom stall door. I just eyeballed the sizes for the cardstock and cut out. I drew on the door handle. When you open this last flap, you will see the main images of a toilet and toilet paper roll that have been stamped on white cardstock and fussy cut and adhered. The greeting was stamped, cut and matted on black cardstock then mounted to card. All stamps are by Gina K. It was quite easy once I had the concept in my mind. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

No comments: