Friday, January 25, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge 10

Good evening all,
I am really trying to blog more this year and so far so good.  I want to have at least one blog post per week. I use this blog more as a craft diary of sorts.  I can come back here to see what I've made and keep it for the record.  It takes up less space then on my hard drive.  :D   Anyway, on to today's card.  I always find color challenges difficult, but today I decided to stretch myself.  I picked the 10 minute Craft Dash Challenge 10 because I wanted a double challenge of making a quick card AND using their designated color scheme.  Here are the colors:
CD_10


I needed a quick card design because I need to get a card off to my daughter at college.  I always try to send her a card every week, but it doesn't always happen.  I really need to get one sent to her tomorrow.  Here is my card:





I just made it under the wire with the time of 9:58.  Whew!  Cutting all my pieces is what took most of the time.  Thank goodness the sketch I used had all the measurements already on it.  It helps not having to do the math.  LOL  My shades of pink and green are a little different, but I didn't have the picture in front of me.  I picked shades that I felt went together for my card from my choices of papers.  I used patterned papers from My Mind's Eye "Miss Caroline - Dolled Up" and Color Connect Pastel Pad from ANW/Crestwood, Inc.  This stamp is one of those cheap Studio G stamps, but I liked the saying to make a card for my daughter.  She is a CAS style kind of girl so she should like this one.  I used Versafine Black ink since it's nice and sticky for using with cheaper quality stamps.  I also used a sketch from the CTMH "Wishes" design book.  Well, thanks for stopping by.  Gotta go get this ready for the mail.

Janet



1 comment:

Paulina said...

This card is darling! You did a fabulous job with the color palette.

Thank you so much for playing in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you'll be able to join along in the next challenge!