Sunday, February 3, 2013

Clean and Simple Card Making 2: Day 4

Hello again,
I am so happy to get another card done for the online class I am taking called "Clean and Simple Card Making 2".

Online Card Classes Clean & Simple 2


 This time I used the technique called "Blue Print" only I used the white ink on burgundy cardstock.  It is truly a clean and simple card.  I used Vineyard Berry cardstock from CTMH for my card base.  I stamped my rose image also from CTMH with white daisy ink from CTMH.  My greeting "Congratulations" is also from CTMH and is stamped with the same white ink.  I then allowed the ink to dry since it is a pigment-based ink.  After it was dry, I went over the greeting with my clear star gelly roll pen from Sakura to give it a light shimmer.   I then used some silver metallic floss from Sew Easy We R Memory Keepers.  I tied it along the fold into a bow and knotted the ends to keep fraying at a minimum.  Here is my card:



I highly recommend these classes to anyone who is just starting with card making or has been doing it for years as I have.  I have really learned so much already and it is definitely stretching my creativity.  Thanks for stopping by. 
  

                                                                                            Janet

2 comments:

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Beautiful simple yet so elegant. I love your card -- thank you for sharing at Heart2Heart

Shirley - DT

Melinda Everitt said...

I love what you did with the roses. Very elegant. I am going to have to pull this stamp set out and try using it like you did. Thanks for sharing this with us at H2H.