Saturday, February 21, 2015

MFT Card Challenge Sketch #216


Hey,
I am on a roll today!   I just love sketch challenges so for this card I decided to take a stab at the MFT Card Challenge Sketch #216.  Here is the address to the blog:

http://www.cardchallenges.com/2015/02/wednesday-sketch-challenge-sketch-216.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MftCardChallenges+%28MFT+Card+Challenges%29

I stayed pretty close to the sketch but actually cut the paper following the words insteading using a die.  I used a corner rounder for the top two corners and used Spellbinders plus a Creative Memories punch for the circles.  The stamp I used is from the CTMH set called "Perfect Fit: Birthday".  This set also coordinates perfectly with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch or with the Cricut.  The paper I used is also from CTMH from the "Confetti Wishes" collection.  It is so fun for birthday cards.  I popped up the stamped circle so that it gave the card more dimension.  I used the CTMH "Pacifica" ink for the sentiment.  For an added touch, I used some clear "Wink of Stella" on the candle flames plus added some fun sequins that were in my stash.  That covers it.
Thanks for stopping by!

Janet

2 comments:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a fun & festive card, Janet! Glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

Susan R. Opel said...

This card makes me want to come to your party!

Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things