Friday, June 26, 2015

Less Is More: Week 229 Stencils


Good afternoon,
I have been super busy in my craft room today.  It is in dire need of attention!  But as usual I got distracted by wanting to make a card.  LOL  I have been wanting to try the Bokeh technique and decided to give it a try.  I found my circle stencil while organizing so had to stop to create.  I am entering this card in the "Less Is More" challenge blog for week 229 which is to use a stencil.  I started with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white cardstock (CTMH).  I then selected 3 colors of Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger) which were festive berries, dusty concord, and evergreen bough.  I used my Ranger distress tool to add the ink to the cardstock.  After done inking I then used my circle stencil (Rounded Art Screen by Color Box) to sponge Daisy White ink(CTMH) onto the inked cardstock.  I used painters tape to mask off the circles so as to not get ink where it didn't belong.  I then cut a strip of white cardstock and stamped the greeting (CTMH Shower Flowers) in black ink (CTMH).  It needed one more touch.  I punched a butterfly (Martha Stewart) out of vellum and added some clear crystals(CTMH) to it's body.  I then attached the butterfly to the sentiment strip with Liquid Glass (CTMH).  The sentiment strip is adhered directly to the inked piece, but the inked piece is popped up onto the white card with pop foam(CTMH).  And there you have it.  It was a fun and easy card to make.  Here is the link to the blog challenge:  Less Is More: Week 229 Stencils

Thanks for stopping by.
Janet



4 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful colours and a stunning stenciled bokeh background.
Thanks for playing along at Less is More.
Sarah

Neets B said...

Wow! This is a awesome card. Your crisp white panel really pops against that wonderful bokeh background. Such fab colours too. There may not be enough white space here for Less is More but I'll let the boss decide! lol
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Anne said...

Catching up on my comments, sorry this is so late!
Very pretty background created with your stencil, though we do like to see plenty of 'white space' at Less is More :)
Thanks for joining us last week
Anne

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it!