Thursday, July 30, 2015

Nephew's 16th Birthday Card

Howdy all!
I was so excited about making my nephew's 16th birthday card!  I've had this Prima stamp called "Aidan" for a long time and finally have an occasion to use it.  I used a sketch from CTMH's Originals card idea book.  I then decided to use papers from the "Wanderful" paper collection also by CTMH.  I stamped him with black Memento ink onto Colonial White cardstock (CTMH).  I used my Copics to color him.  I edged all the paper with my Ranger distress ink tool with Walnut Stain Distress ink also by Ranger.  I then fussy cut him out.  I popped him up with dimensionals from Stampin' Up.  Next I stamped the words on Colonial White cardstock (CTMH) which are pieced together from several different stamp sets:  #(CTMH - LOL), WOW (Stampabilities Clear Stamps by the Paper Studio "Fun Alphas"), and 16 (Stampabilities Clear Stamps by the Paper Studio "Sophie Caps Alphas").  I then cut it into a banner shape and edged it with same ink and tool as mentioned above.  I felt it needed a little something else so I added the 3 black gems on the side(CTMH).  And that's it.  I really can't believe he is turning 16!  They grow up SO fast.  Anyway, thanks for stopping by.

Janet

No comments: