Sunday, February 7, 2016

I've Taken a Viking To You



Happy Super Bowl Day!  Actually, I am crafting instead of watching.  It gets too intense for me.  I just keep up with the score and that's enough for me.  I am rooting for the Broncos since I am a Peyton Manning fan.  Go Broncos!  

Enough football, let's get on to my card.  I decided to get my mojo going by doing a couple of challenges in one card.  I am entering this in the SIP Challenge 33 (use black, red, and gold) and the Crazy 4 Challenges "Z" challenge.  Here are the links to both challenges:  http://stampinkpaper.com/2016/02/sip-challenge-33-colors/  and http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/2016/01/crazy-4-challenges-c4c317.html

For my card, I started with a Sizzix die called "Card, gift card Flip-its" using white cardstock (CTMH).  I then cut the black and white polka dot paper with the matching dies from the same Sizzix die set.  This polka dot paper is from the CTMH paper pack called "La Vie En Rose".  I then cut gold mirror paper for both sides of the rectangle.  Then another black rectangle and a white rectangle cut to fit on top of the gold pieces.  I stamped the adorable Viking (Avery Elle) with Momento Black ink and then colored him with my CTMH ShinHan and Copic markers.  I also used a gold Uniball pen for his hat. I then die cut him along with matching hearts using the matching dies from Avery Elle.  I mounted them with foam dimensional adhesive.  On the sentiment side I stamped the verses with CTMH black dye ink.  "Will you be my Valentine?" is from the CTMH stamp set called "To the Moon" and the "Sending you lots of laughs and love" is from the CTMH stamp set called "Share the Love".  I thought the CTMH red enamel hearts worked perfectly to separate the sentiments. I then added some CTMH black and gold ribbon for accent.  And that's it!  

Thanks for stopping by,

Janet

1 comment:

Gingin said...

Love your Viking card Janet!! Too cute! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)