Sunday, March 13, 2016

Card Concept #50 and Tic-Tac-Toe #5 Challenges: St. Patrick's Day card



Happy Sunday!
I don't know about y'all, but I've been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather we've been having here in Michigan.  Sure beats more snow!  Today is rainy so it gave me a chance to get some cards done.  I made this St. Patty's Day card for my BFF back in Pennsylvania.  She is actually from Ireland so I always make sure I make a card for her for St. Patty's Day.  We used to go to the local parade and have so much fun.  She can play some wicked "spoons".  Anyway, back to the card.  I struggle to get a decent picture of it.  The gold reflects the flash poorly.  I finally put it in a photo holder to hold it.  I like to use some online challenges to spark my creativity when card making.  Today I decided to join a couple that were on the St. Patty's theme.  The Card Concept Challenge #50 has a shamrock photo with colors and patterns.  I used a pattern paper and shamrocks for this one.  My card would be in the category of Clean and Layered.  I kept it pretty simple with my layering of the papers and the shamrocks.  Just added a little pizzaz with the gold glitter tape and sequins.  Here is the link to the challenge:  http://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-card-concept-50-shamrocks-patterns.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheCardConcept+%28The+Card+Concept%29                                                                                            
The other challenge is Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #5 which features a tic-tac-toe board with 9 options.  You just pick 3 in a row for your card.  Here is the link for that challenge: http://tictactoechallenge.blogspot.com/2016/03/challenge-five.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tic-tac-toeChallenge+%28Tic-Tac-Toe+Challenge%29 
 
I chose to pick the diagonal 3 of green, gold, and photo inspiration which was a shamrock.  After looking at it further I can also use the geometric shapes(circles), layers and the photo also.  So I think I am covered for this challenge.  

As for supplies, the cardstock and gold paper is from my stash.  The pattern paper is from on old page-a-day desktop calendar that I kept the pages from.  The green glitter paper used for the shamrocks is from CTMH.  I used a Sizzix Triple Circle Flip-its die for the base and pieces for the card.  I also used a Sizzix shamrock die from the Thinlits Calendar Months set.  I stamped the greeting (CTMH Holiday Tags) with VersaMark and embossed with gold powder from Inkadinkado.  The gold glitter tape and gold sequins are also both from CTMH.  And there you have it.  I sure hope my friend likes it.  Thanks for stopping by.

Janet 

3 comments:

Tracie Pond said...

Hello Janet! Such a festive card. The clovers look like they are sitting on gold coins, pretty. Thank you for playing with us at Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.
Tracie Pond
Stamping Smiles Designs
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
#ssdtictactoechallenge
Design Team Member

Amanda said...

I love the way the glitter makes the shamrocks stand out! Very pretty.

Olesya Andreyeva said...

This card is magical! The circle elements look exactly like coins! Amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at SSD Tic-Tac-Toe challenge blog!
Olesya, DT