Saturday, July 28, 2018

SOSS #115: J is for Junk


Hi Y'all!

Today I get to try my hand at being the guest designer over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers blog.  Because my card "Suck It Up Cupcake" was chosen as the winner card I am now the reigning Queen of the blog.  Part of my duties as Queen is to be part of the design team for the next challenge.  The challenge I get to be part of is "J is for Junk" which means you have to use recycled or upcycled on your project.  You can find the challenge HERE.




  For my card I am using an old Michigan map for my background.  Now that we no longer live there I feel safe to cut that puppy up.  

To make the card I first attached the old map and distressed the edges with Ranger Distress ink in Walnut Stain.  Let me just insert a comment here - I LOVE that ink!!!  It is the best for edging cards.  Just sayin'....  Anyway, Next I die cut the MFT Insert-It Instaframe out of white cardstock(CTMH).  I then die cut it again out of yellow (CTMH) cardstock.  I distressed all edges on both the white frame and the yellow window with the Walnut Stain.  I then stamped the greeting in Sapphire ink (CTMH) and added some Clear Star Gelly Roll pen to the "6" and "vacation" to give it a little bling.  (It is hard to capture that in the pictures.)  I also added some Blue Burlap (CTMH) to the bottom of the frame for a little texture.  I attached the frame with pop dots and the yellow insert was mounted flat to the card.  On a separate piece of white cardstock I stamped the airplane and 2 suitcases in Momento Black Tuxedo ink. I then colored them in using COPIC sketch markers.  I used C1 and C3 on the airplane.  I used E31 and E33 on the suitcases.  I then fussy cut them out and mounted to the card as shown.  The plane and the top suitcase are popped up.  It needed something else so I added some red dots from the CTMH Stargazer Dots embellishments.  

And there you have it.  I have so enjoyed my reign as Queen of Snarky and hope to have a repeat some time in the future.  Thanks for stopping by my humble blogdom. LOL

Janet
(aka Queen)

6 comments:

Donna said...

All hail Queen Janet!
This is simply AWESOME!!
Love the use of the map!
Thanks for being our queen and guest for the J is for Junk challenge!

Chris Dring said...

Woo Hoo! What a way to rock that crown!! This card is all sorts of amazing! Love that you used a map as your background! Thanks for joining us as our GD for the Junk challenge at the Sisterhood!

Dotty Jo said...

Well done, your majesty! This is great - what a fab idea to use a map. Thanks for being our Queen, Jo x

Lisa D said...

Congratulations Queen. Fantastic idea of using a map. I might have to scraplift that idea.

Julie Forest said...

Hello, Queen Janet! Congratulations on your new title. I've just discovered the SOSS blog and am having fun exploring everyone's blogs and creations. what a great use for an old map! Your card looks fabulous!! I love all the little details you've put on.

Lindsey said...

This is perfect, Queen Janet! I too looked at my maps before I picked tissue to recycle instead. Love the travel theme and especially the sentiment — all too true!