Sunday, June 30, 2019

SOSS #138 "B is for the Birds and the Bees" and Freshly Made Sketches #394



Hey Friends,

It has been awhile, but I am still around.  I haven't had much time to do challenges lately, but these I had to make time for.  I love the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenges and decided that I needed to join in this time.  HERE is the link to their challenge blog.  
                                                                                                                                                      I knew what stamps I wanted to use so I just needed to find a sketch that would work with them.  I chose the sketch for the current "Freshly Made Sketches #394" since it was pretty simple and I didn't want a lot of detail to take away from the main idea.  HERE is the link to the sketch.
As I stated earlier I kept my design simple since I wanted it to be all about the image and the saying.  I just stamped the image of the pregnant lady (Taylored Expressions - Jenn) with black Momento ink.  I then colored her with Copic markers.  I fussy cut her out and popped her up with pop dots.  I added some CTMH mini sparkles to her earrings for a little touch of bling.  The paper I used is from the CTMH "Sweet Girl" collection.  I found the saying in the Taylored Expressions "The Inside Scoop - Belated Birthday" set, but I thought it worked perfectly for a snarky take on the Birds and the Bees.  And there you have it.  
Thanks for stopping by,

Janet 

5 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Love this sentiment along with this image. So sorry for the linking frustrations this week. You are now showing in the gallery. They promise they are fixing it for us. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

So cute! Great sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lindsey said...

Definitely a dramatic entrance - especially depending on where she's entering and who doesn't know yet! :D Great use of the sketch and super-fun card - thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Janet - this could be quite a dramatic entrance depending on the circumstances! Jo x

Donna said...

Fab take on the sketch and that certainly IS a dramatic entrance!!
Thanks for talking birds and bees with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!