Sunday, May 5, 2019

2019 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Coffee Pot Head Card



Hey Y'all,

I found some time today to make a "coffee" themed card for the 2019 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. You can find out more about the hop HERE.
I instantly (no pun intended!) thought of my stamp set from Jillian Vance Designs (Simply Said Pot Head set) that is hilarious.  I love this set because it is so funny.  I found some old Prima paper(the Pulse collection 6x6) that I thought would work well with the "Pot Head" stamp.  The paper has grafitti on it for a grunge look.  I kept it simple because the stamps speak for themselves.  I stamped the image and words with Versafine onyx black ink.  I fussy cut the pot after using a Kingart Dual Tip brush marker in dark brown to color in the coffee.  I then used my CTMH watercolor in pale blue to watercolor the glass part of the pot so that it blended with the patterned paper behind it.  I popped the pot up with pop dots.  I matted both the large paper and the smaller one with black cardstock (CTMH) so that the pieces would stand out more.  And that's it!  
Thanks for stopping by. 

Janet

10 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

The combination of graffiti paper and that coffee stamp is perfect!

Billie A said...

fun card.

Karen Letchworth said...

That's the kind of coffee pot I always remember from my waitressing days. Thanks for sharing this fun card.

New Creations said...

Love the grunge paper, so beautiful fun card!

~amy~ said...

So fun, love your choice of papers!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the grungy feel of your adorable card. That sentiment is so funny!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design with the coffee pot and grungy papers.

Fikreta said...

its so great

Hetty said...

Great coffee pot card!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Ha! Great card! So fun!