Tuesday, August 7, 2007


My grand-niece is turning 2 this month. I can't believe she is that old already. I love this stamp of a little girl with the butterfly. It is by Nancy Cole for Inkadinkado. I embossed it with black embossing powder. I used my water brush and water color pencils to color it. I actually picked up the color by rubbing the water brush tip across the lead of the pencil. I accented it with Stardust gel pens in clear and yellow. I antiqued the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then layered it onto a piece of patterned paper which was mounted on a purchased green gingham card. The 2 (Scrappy Cat Clear) is stamped with chalk ink and accented with Stardust pens. I then punched it out with my circle punch. I also stuck on a dimensional butterfly sticker. The ribbon was already on the purchased card. I sure hope she has a great birthday way down there in Texas.

1 comment:

Etha said...

That is so sweet! Love what you did with this card. Isn't it terrible how quickly the little ones grow up, I wish I could stretch the minutes with them!