Saturday, February 6, 2010

OCC Music Challenge


I am just cranking out these cards lately. LOL I actually am trying to get cards done for a swap and find challenges help get the old mojo going. Today I decided to try the Our Creative Corner's challenge to use music on a card or project(http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/2010/01/our-creative-corner-music-challenge.html. Here I used a beautiful piece of designer paper as my background. I inked the edges with pink ink. I wanted to use my Magnolia stamps so thought this cutie would go great with the butterfly images on the paper. I colored her with my Copics which I am still quite new at using, but thought she turned out okay. I then accented her with Sakura Stardust gelly roll ink on the rose and her lace slip. I did her wings with SU Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I then die cut her with a frame from Spellbinders. I left the frame in the die and brushed the raised part with pink ink. I also punched out a butterfly(Martha Stewart) and covered it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter, too. I bent his wings up and just attached the body right above the rose. I attached the girl image flat to the card and then added the frame with pop up strips. I wrapped a piece of pink satin ribbon around the bottom and made a large bow to glue on top of it as shown. This will be abirthday card for a friend in the swap. I will probably make a cutesy verse for the inside - something to do with roses are red, etc. Thanks for stopping by.
Janet

No comments: