Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy B'day Garrett: CPS158 and Gingersnap Creations "Birthday"


Hi ya'll,
What a crazy week it's been around here. The students in my class were wild all week. It must be Spring fever! Anyway, I had to get a card made for my nephew, Garrett, whose birthday is next week. Being that he lives 8 hours away I better get going on that card. I decided since he is turning 10 that he would want a card that wasn't so kiddish (hmmm... making up words here) so I went with a March Madness theme. I remembered seeing some basketball paper in my stash so that was easy. I had a couple of coordinating paper packs from the Target dollar spot - Don't you love that place! Sorry I digress. Back to the card, I needed a sketch so I decided to use the current sketch from Card Positioning System seen here:
http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/2010/03/reader-ideas-week-of-31410.html . I also remembered that I needed to get a card done for the Gingersnap Creations "Birthday" challenge. Here is the link to that one: http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/2010/02/gc44-random-redhead-challenge-birthday.html . I started with an orange textured cardstock A2 card with a top fold. I inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress ink (Ranger). Next I cut a piece of non-textured cardstock in the same tone as the orange card(Stampin' Up) slightly smaller than the card front. I rounded the corners and also edged with the Tea Dye ink. Then I cut piece of designer paper(Target) a bit smaller than the non-textured cardstock and edged it with same ink, rounding the corners with same punch as previous piece. I mounted these to card as shown. Next I found two coordinating border pieces from the Target paper packs and edged them with ink and layered them together on the bottom half of the card. Next, I took a tag from the paper collection and stamped the greeting(Printworks Clearly Defined) first in a lighter blue and then overstamped with a darker blue(both inks are from ColorBox chalk ink). I added two stars punched from the same paper that is on card and attached with glue dots. Very simple, but also very mailable. I have to mail most of my cards that I make so I can't really do many layers of embellishments. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a blessed weekend.
Janet

No comments: