Sunday, March 14, 2010

Page Maps Nerdy Bird Sketch Contest Entry




Hi! Yes, another post in the same day! I am on a roll. I really wanted to make my Irish friend, Mazie, a St. Patty's day card and I realized that I had to get one in the mail tomorrow! Yikes! I decided to use the sketch from the Page Maps blog Nerdy Bird sketch contest. Here is the link: http://pagemaps.com/blog.php?do=blog&id=89 . As for the card, I made a green A2 size card. I matted it with white cardstock that had been embossed with my Cuddlebug Textile folder. Next, I cut a strip of patterned paper from my DCWV Spring mat pack from a few years ago. I then added a punched strip above that one as shown. I used my new Stampin' Up border punch to make the strip. I attached those together and attached them to the card. Next, I stamped my cute little fairy from MFT Pure Innocence collection. I colored her with Copics and added Stampin' Up Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the wings. I then cut her out. I also stamped a small shamrock from MSE and cut it out after coloring with Copics. I die cut 3 circles with my Nestabilities from Spellbinders using white, light green and dark green. I mounted them as shown. I added some stitch marks on the white circle with my green Copic marker. I then attached the fairy to the circles. I added a die cut shamrock(Sizzix) to the left of the fairy. Lastly I mounted the little shamrock above the fairy's hand and drew a line down to her hand so that she is holding the shamrock. And there you have it. I guess I will go ahead and wish everyone a happy St. Patty's Day a little early.
Janet

No comments: