Saturday, February 9, 2013

Clean & Simple Card Making 2: Day 9

Hi there,




I got another card made today for the Clean & Simple Card Making 2 class.  This time I decided to try my hand at the dry embossing with brayered paint.  I really like how Lisa Spangler did her card with this technique.  I decided to try it in a reverse way.  I used Ruby cardstock from CTMH and embossed it with a "love" embossing folder from The Paper Studio.  I then brayered Snow Cap Adirondack Lights acrylic paint over it.  I really like the effect.  I then stamped the greeting "i heart you" from The Alley Way stamp company in black(CTMH) onto a piece of white cardstock(CTMH).  I then cut notches in the ends as seen on several of the videos during the classes to create a banner.  I mounted it to the card with just a little bit of height on it in the middle to create depth.  I attached a glitter heart that I purchased in a pack from Michael's and a small crystal heart(Creative Living) to the card.  I then attached little red gems(Mark Richards) sporatically to the background of the card.  I attached the whole red piece to a top folded white card(CTMH).  I am going to give this card to my daughter for Valentine's Day.  :D   Thanks for stopping by.

                                                                                           Janet

No comments: